rng?

• «
  • 1 (current)
  • »
placeholder avatar

trc777

Is there a random number generator or anything similar present? I did find the random scene feature, but I am thinking something more along the lines of a dice roller or percentile generator or even a "coin flip" random switch that two or more different outcomes could be linked to and shuffled after a choice button is selected. Thanks for reading.

placeholder avatar

Aaron Balint

I put some thought into this suggestion and I have come up with a solution that fits well within the IS framework.

To add an action with several random outcomes do the following:

Make sure you have version 1.09 of Interactive Story (refresh your browser or download v1.09 of the Android app).

Add a new action as usual and when asked to describe the outcome click on the 'random' link next to the submit button.  Confirm you want to create an action with a random outcome.  In the editor there will now appear a new option - [N] Add a random outcome.  Use this option to add as many outcomes as you wish.  The outcomes have all the properties of a regular action.

When reading the story, the IS engine will randomaly pick one of the outcomes located within the same event as the original action.

[EDIT] The original action can now be available to the entire scene (or story if an item only interaction).

placeholder avatar

trc777

I believe that will work perfectly for what I'm doing, thank you. Looking forward to trying it out.

• «
  • 1 (current)
  • »