Link not working

• «
  • 1 (current)
  • »
placeholder avatar

EstebanDaz

Hi, after saving my game in private mode  I try the link but it doesn't work.  It just takes me to the main menu.

Please help.

Thank you,

Interactive Story

Administrator

Thanks for reporting this.  Priivate links should now be working.

Mikael53

I am having similar issues with the private link not working. Whenever I go to save/publish my story, says it published successfully. However when I go to use the link (or access in the library), it loads the the first publishing of the story, as opposed to the most recent. I'm able to retrieve it the copy I published, and the XML file seems to update as well (by the looks of it at least; I haven't tried importing). I just can't use the direct link to have other people play test my story.

Interactive Story

Administrator

Most probably your browser has cached the older version for download - try clearing the download or file cache for your browser: Chrome example. Let me know if this resolves the issue.

Mikael53

I cleared my file cache, and while it did give me a more recent story update (ty for that), the probelem still persists with the publishing it seems. Retrivial is still working fine, but regardless of where I publish from, it doesn't reflect (the most recent publishing) on the direct link or in my library.

Interactive Story

Administrator

Interactive Story doesn't automatically update the stories in your reading list - this is by design, if you are half way through playing a story, then an update may break your bookmarks and / or alter the logical flow of the narration. To read the latest published version of your story do the following: Log into the Library and from the Genre category select "My Reading List". Then select your story from the offered Titles. Tap on the "X" next to the title to remove the story from your reading list (and your device). You can then browse the Library as usual and download your most recent published version of the story.

Mikael53

Good to know. For some reason reason I didn't see that X you were talking about til now (probably because I wasn't looking..). I was able to add the story back to my library and play the updated version. I was having some problems on mobile, but I pretty much had to do the same thing (despite not being logged in and clearing the cache beforehand). Thanks for the help (again lol).

• «
  • 1 (current)
  • »