Can you explain [have] and [not have] and [done] and [not done]?

• «
  • 1 (current)
  • »
placeholder avatar

Jerrid

I feel like I am only able to accomplish more advanced things purely by luck.  I do not understand how those options work combined with each other.  Some times it feels it does work and other times it does not.  Some times I have to make a separate requirement, instead of just adding [and] or [or] to the original line/requirement.  Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.

Could you explain [have] and [not have] and [done] and [not done] and also [and] and [or] please and how to combine them?  Thank you.

Interactive Story

Administrator

All action requirements must be true for the action to become available to the reader.  Logical interpretation of  [and] / [or] is applied sequentially from left to right in the requirement statement (which is different to computer languages that give priority to [and] over [or]).

[have] will be true if the selected item is in the readers inventory. [not have] will be true if the item is not in the readers inventory.

[done] will be true if the nominated action has been performed / selected by the reader. [not done] is true if the nominated action has not been performed / selected by the reader.

Make sure your requirement logic is not mutually exclusive (one requirement becomes true when the other is false and vice versa).  If your requirement logic is becoming complex, then try breaking the scene up into smaller events.

• «
  • 1 (current)
  • »